Saturday, March 14, 2009

Being proud of yourself


flickr.com

Many people believe autistic children can not go to college, somehow we think they are not able to keep up with the demands of school and that they are not capable of becoming independent. My daughter, which is away at school has been reading my blogs and the other day was telling me that in her school there is one student that autistic. He is very kind, sweet, always holds the doors for others, but from his body language she was able to see that he was different as he rocks his body and by the way he asks some questions. He is very popular in school and everyone loves him, I understand that its can be easy, but I am sure he is getting help and so far according to my daughter he is doing fine.
Because autism is growing in America, there are many studies being done in the hope of helping them become independent and successful in society. It has been a pleasure for me to blog about autism and learn how autism is positively changing. The autism spectrum is big and among them there are many that have gone far in life and prove that they can be part of society. Autism can be very challenging, but many "aspergers" children can go really far in life as they very brilliant individuals.

3 comments:

  1. This Post really touched my heart because i work for the Department of Education and i know a few student that are autistic and they are ridiculed, made fun of and surprisingly to me, some teachers refuse to deal with, as they call it, "pety little games". Now to hear that these children are getting the help that they deserve that really makes my day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother is a nanny and worked for many autistic children. I am proud to say that most of the children she babysat for, she helped tremendously. They overcame all the obstacles they have come across in life. Autistic children should be treated no differently. They are capable of anything, either by themselves or getting help. Everyone deserves equal rights! It makes me very happy to hear we are making progress because I know deep down my mother was a part of this great break through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an amazing information!! Thanks so much.
    Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.

    ReplyDelete